Juniata Career Day: A Job, Internship & Networking Fair
February 27, 2015, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Kennedy Sports and Recreation Center
STUDENTS, ALUMNI, FRIENDS: Registration for Career Day 2015
The 2014 event was a HUGE SUCCESS - Thank you to the over 115 businesses (10 Fortune 500) that attended and provided positive feedback, and to the nearly 500 Juniata student participants.
Feel free to browse this page to learn more about Career Day to help you know what to expect for 2015. Please be sure to check back regularly for updates.
List of employers registered for last year's event ~ Career Day 2014
Career Day is a one-stop career extravaganza right here on campus! It offers opportunities to expand your Juniata network, practice being professional and get solid advice. With over 115 companies in attendance in 2014 (including 10 Fortune 500 companies), many Juniata students secured summer internships and employment.
What can you expect when you walk in the door?
- Check in at registration to get your nametag and info about the employers and internship providers in attendance.
- Talk with employers about jobs and internships that they or their companies have available now and in the future.
Additional networking and Career Day prep activities available the week leading up to Career Day 2015.
- Athletics Career Panel -Monday, February 23, 7:00pm - 8:00pm VLB -Sill Boardroom
Our panel will consist of Juniata alumni working in professional athletics careers.
Cameron Andrew '13, Assistant Volleyball Coach, Rhodes College, bio
Tom Gibboney '78 , Associate Head Coach, Juniata College, bio
John Martinez '11, Personal Trainer, Pro Care, Bio coming soon
Kelli Sheesley '98, Assistant AD/Creative Services, Temple University bio
Bob Waggoner '73, NFL Referee bio
- Flash Your Resume -Tuesday, February 24, 7:00pm -9:00pm, VLB -Sill Boardroom
Earn your "beads" at this resume workshop. Faculty and other members of the Juniata Community provide feedback to help you craft the perfect resume.
- JCEL Business Pitch Competition "Speed Mentoring" Network Event - Thursday, February 26, 4:00pm- 6:00pm, VLB Sill Boardroom
Please visit www.jcel.biz for complete contest rules and guidelines
- Acing A Career Fair -Thursday, February 26, 7:00pm- 8:00pm, BAC C116
Elise Mihranian '14, will present a workshop on how to effectively navigate a career fair.
- Wine and Cheese Networking Reception -Friday, Feb. 27, 3:30pm - 5:30 pm
Doors open for alumni and parents at 3:30 p.m. and for students at 4:00 p.m.
Sill Board Room, von Liebig Center for Science
Continue conversations from Juniata Career Day in a more relaxed atmosphere. Network with alumni, parents and students while sampling a variety of wines and cheeses. Business attire is recommended. MUST BE 21 AND SHOW PHOTO I.D.
Click HERE to register
Sponsored by the Class of 2015, Student Alumni Association (SAA) and Alumni Council
If you have any questions, please contact the Alumni Office by e-mail or call 814-641-3441
Recommended attire for Career Day is business dress. WHAT NOT TO WEAR