Juniata Career Day: A Job, Internship & Networking Fair
February 28, 2014, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Kennedy Sports and Recreation Center
STUDENTS, ALUMNI, FRIENDS: Registration for Career Day 2014
The 2013 event was a HUGE SUCCESS - Thank you to the over 90 businesses (8 Fortune 500) that attended and provided positive feedback, and to the nearly 500 Juniata student participants.
Feel free to browse this page to learn more about Career Day 2013 to help you know what to expect for 2014. Please be sure to check back regularly for updates.
List of employers registered for last year's event ~ Career Day 2013
Career Day is a one-stop career extravaganza right here on campus! It offers opportunities to expand your Juniata network, practice being professional and get solid advice. With over 90 companies in attendance in 2013 (including 8 Fortune 500 companies), many Juniata students secured summer internships and employment.
What can you expect when you walk in the door?
- Check in at registration to get your nametag and info about the employers and internship providers in attendance.
- Talk with employers about jobs and internships that they or their companies have available now and in the future.
Additional networking and Career Day prep activities will be available the week leading up to Career Day 2014. Listed below are 2014 Career Week opportunities for students to expand their Juniata Network and prepare for the workplace:
- Understanding Your Rights: Diversity in the Workplace- Monday, Feb. 24, 7:00 pm, VLB -Neff Lecture Hall Dr. Tiffenia Archie, Temple University will lead an interactive discussion about workplace diversity and knowing your rights within the workplace. The workshop is intended for a broad audience, including invidiuals who may not self-identify as "diverse."
- Flash Your Resume -Tuesday, Feb. 25, 7:00 pm, VLB -Sill Boardroom Earn your "beads" at this resume workshop. Faculty and other members of the Juniata Community provide feedback to help you craft the perfect resume.
- International Careers - Wednesday, Feb. 26, 7:00pm, VLB -Rockwell Seminar Room
- JCEL Mentor Networking Event - Thursday, Feb. 27, 4:00pm - 6:00pm, Baxter Entrepreneurial Studio at the Sill Business Incubator Mentors will share their experiences at they assist young professionals in building their career goals. Students will be matched with mentors through a "speed-matching process."
- Integrity Selling Model: Applying Sales Principles to the Biggest Sale of Your Life - Thursday, Feb. 27, 7:00 pm, KSC- Hall of Fame Room Chris Collins '84 will present a workshop on how to market your skills. When it comes to the job interview, you'll be selling the most important product of all: YOURSELF!
- Wine Etiquette Workshop - Friday, Feb. 28, 3:30pm - 4:00 pm, (location TBA) All ages welcome
- Wine and Cheese Networking Reception -Friday, Feb. 28, 3:30pm - 5:30 pm
Doors open for alumni and parents at 3:30 p.m. and for students at 4:00 p.m.
Sill Board Room, von Liebig Center for Science
Continue conversations from Juniata Career Day in a more relaxed atmosphere. Network with alumni, parents and students while sampling a variety of wines and cheeses. Business attire is recommended. MUST BE 21 AND SHOW PHOTO I.D.
Register online by Feb. 20th
Sponsored by the Class of 2013, Student Alumni Association (SAA) and Alumni Council
- Smithsonian Institute Internship Information Session - Friday, Feb. 28, 6:00 pm, VLB - Neff Lecture Hall Omar Eaton-Martinez, Director of Internships and Fellowships at the National Museum of American History will present an information session about the Smithsonian's desire to diversify their internship program and the application process in general.
Recommended attire for Career Day is business dress. WHAT NOT TO WEAR
If you have any questions, please contact the Alumni Office by e-mail or call 814-641-3441