Juniata Career Day: A Job, Internship & Networking Fair
February 22, 2013
The 2012 event was a HUGE SUCCESS - Thank you to the 98 businesses (11 Fortune 500) that attended and provided positive feedback, and to the 450 Juniata student participants.
Feel free to browse this page to learn more about Career Day 2013. Please be sure to check back regularly for updates.
STUDENTS, ALUMNI, FRIENDS: To pre-register for Career Day 2013, visit our ONLINE REGISTRATION
Friday, February 22, 2013 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Kennedy Sports & Recreation Center
Career Day is a one-stop career extravaganza right here on campus! It offers opportunities to expand your Juniata network, practice being professional and get solid advice. With nearly 100 companies in attendance in 2012 (including 11 Fortune 500 companies), many Juniata students secured summer internships and employment.
What can you expect when you walk in the door?
- Check in at registration to get your nametag and info about the employers and internship providers in attendance.
- Talk with employers about jobs and internships that they or their companies have available now and in the future.
Listed below are 2013 Career Week opportunities for students to expand their Juniata Network and prepare for the workplace:
- Flash Your Resume - Earn your "beads" at this resume workshop. Faculty and other members of the Juniata Community provide feedback to help you craft the perfect resume. (date and location TBA)
International Employment Panel - Explore a variety of International Employment options and gain advice from professionals with real life experience. (date and location TBA)
- Wine Etiquette Workshop - Friday, Feb. 22, 3:30 - 4:00 p.m., (location TBA) All ages welcome
- Wine and Cheese Networking Reception - Friday, Feb. 22 - student time: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. - must be 21, hosted by Juniata's Alumni Council (location TBA)
Recommended attire for Career Day is business dress. WHAT NOT TO WEAR