Books and materials used by a professor for a given class can be placed on reserve at the circulation desk. Reserve materials may be signed out for a period of two hours with a validstudent ID. Materials for reserve should be delivered to the Circulation Desk several days before they are required for use by the students.
General Reserve Policies
- It is the responsibility of each faculty member to retrieve or photocopy all materials to be placed on reserve and bring them to the circulation desk. Please make sure top portion of reserve form is filled out and placed with reserve material.
- Requests will be processed by technical services staff in the order they are received. Please allow staff at least two working days (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm) for materials to be available to the students.
- We will place one photocopy of an article on reserve for every ten students in a class, up to a maximum of five copies. This is in line with the fair use guidelines developed in accordance with U. S. Copyright Law.
- No material that violates U. S. Copyright Law will be placed on reserve. Generally, this means that we will place photocopies of one chapter or 10% of a single work, which the library does not own on reserve.
- We cannot place materials obtained through inter-library loan on reserve. If we do not own a title, we will purchase it as quickly as possible.
- Personal items may be placed on reserve, however the library will not be responsible for loss or damage of personal items.
- Course syllabi for the current semester are held on reserve.
- Reserve Items will be removed at the end of each semester. Faculty will be notified by e-mail when material is ready to be picked up.
Click here to login as either a Faculty Member or Trustee in order to view additional policies.