Procedures for Administrative Hearings
- The student is informed in writing of the charges against him or her and of the hearing procedures.
- The hearing is private.
- The student has the right to call a reasonable number of witnesses who shall be subject to questioning by the Hearing Officer.
- If the student chooses not to appear, the hearing will be held in absentia.
- It is the student’s responsibility to tell the truth. If it is later discovered that a student has been dishonest and/or misrepresented himself /herself in the hearing, that student is eligible for suspension from the college.
- On behalf of the college, the Hearing Officer presents the charge.
- The student has the opportunity to make an opening statement.
- After the opening statement, the Hearing Officer may address questions to the student and/or any witnesses.
- After the question and answer period, the student has the opportunity to make a closing statement.
- The Hearing Officer summarizes the evidence presented and makes a recommendation. The student will be officially notified of the resulting action(s).
Click here to login as either a Faculty Member or Trustee in order to view additional policies.