Environmental Health and Safety
Juniata is committed to the safety of its students and employees, both on and off-campus. Many vital functions of the college involve off-campus travel, and the following guidelines have been established to facilitate communication and promote personal safety. College-sanctioned travel includes travel: 1) by a department or student organization for professional or educational purposes, 2) by employees serving in their official capacity, or 3) funded using departmental or organizational resources.
- College employees and students must complete a travel safety workshop / training session before leading a student group off-campus.
- For trips more than ten miles from campus, each student travel participant must complete and submit a Participation Agreement prior to travel.
- All groups should submit a travel form at least seven days prior to departure.
- Leaders of groups traveling abroad must contact the Center for International Education (CIE) in accordance with the CIE Program Planning Protocol.
Travel Categories and Forms
- Academic trips with student participants
- Athletic trips
- Student Club/Organization trips
Click here to login as either a Faculty Member or Trustee in order to view additional policies.