Office of Student Activities
Guidelines for RSO BYOB events on campus
- No hard alcohol permitted, only beer or malt beverages in BOTTLES/CANS.
- Must have 1 RSO representative for every 50 people attending event, or a minimum of 2 representatives for each event.
- Event representatives must contact OSA event staff prior to the start of the event.
- Must have minimum of one person at each exit door throughout entire event to ensure that open containers stay in the room.
- Representatives of RSO must remain sober from start of event through clean-up.
- RSO must provide table and chairs for the beer check.
- If the RSO would like to provide coolers for the beer check, they must supply their own. The OSA will not provide coolers.
- Event Staff has authority to stop serving beverages to anyone.
- Event Staff has authority to remove anyone from the event location. If students or guests do not comply, Event Staff will contact Juniata College Public Safety.
- Any person removed from the event or cut off from drinking may not take their beverages with them.
The following must be on all advertisements for the event:
- We will check driver licenses at the door.
- All guests over 21 must wear a wristband.
- Attendees over 21 years old are permitted one 6-pack per person. No hard alcohol permitted.
On a sign at the entrance to the event, please post:
- Check alcohol at the beer check upon entering the event.
- Event Staff reserves the right to refuse drink distribution to any attendee.
- Event Staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the event at any time due to inappropriate behavior.
- Alcohol will only be served to people wearing a wristband.
Click here to login as either a Faculty Member or Trustee in order to view additional policies.