Books and materials used by a professor for a given class can be placed on reserve at the circulation desk. Reserve materials may be signed out for a period of two hours with a validstudent ID. Materials for reserve should be delivered to the Circulation Desk several days before they are required for use by the students.
General Reserve Policies
- Requests will be processed by technical services staff in the order they are received. Please allow staff at least two working days (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm) for materials to be available to the students.
- We will place one photocopy of an article on reserve for every ten students in a class, up to a maximum of five copies. This is in line with the fair use guidelines developed in accordance with U. S. Copyright Law.
- No material that violates U. S. Copyright Law will be placed on reserve. Generally, this means that we will place photocopies of one chapter or 10% of a single work, which the library does not own on reserve.
- We cannot place materials obtained through inter-library loan on reserve. If we do not own a title, we will purchase it as quickly as possible.
- Personal items may be placed on reserve, however the library will not be responsible for loss or damage of personal items.
- Course syllabi for the current semester are held on reserve.
- Reserve Items will be removed at the end of each semester. Faculty will be notified by e-mail when material is ready to be picked up.
Click here to login as either a Faculty Member or Trustee in order to view additional policies.