|Add to your personal catalog|
Academic Amnesty Program
- The Academic Amnesty Program applies only to students that have been away from the college for at least 5 years and wish to complete their degrees.
- Under the Academic Amnesty policy, a maximum of 15 credits (with grades) may be forgiven from the student's GPA calculation when he or she re-enters the college. Alternatively a student's GPA may be reset if the student has over 55 credits remaining to graduate.
- No grades will be removed from a student's permanent record
- Academic Amnesty can be offered only once per student
- Final transcript will show GPA before and after Amnesty administered, and the new or adjusted GPA will be marked, "Academic Amnesty"
- Students under this program will not qualify for academic honors, and their class rank will not be calculated
- All requests for implementation of degree completion programs, including academic Amnesty, will be heard by SAD
- Recognizing that certain areas of study may have changed dramatically over the course of decades, a student's POE must be approved by the relevant department chair as a condition of re-entry.
- Curriculum committee will address concerns over outdated distribution requirements.
- Students who graduate in these programs may take part in the May commencement ceremony