|Add to your personal catalog|
The Degree Completion program is designed for Juniata College students who are not GPA deficient and wish to complete their Juniata degree program.
How you can reapply:
The readmission process requires the students contact the Dean of Students Office for readmission for degree seeking status. These students do not enter through Enrollment admissions as they are not first time degree seeking students. Once they have been cleared by the Dean of Students records for any behavioral sanctions, they are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office for re-admittance.
Students who have not completed their Walker requirements and/or who are returning fulltime to complete their degree:
- Regular admissions will include a statement letter of intent sent to the Registrar’s Office who reviews with the Dean of Students to determine space accommodations for on campus living, and with the Provost and Academic Support office to review academic record for feasibility for completion and advisor assignment.
It is designed for those former students who need to earn 30 semester credits or less to meet their degree requirements.
- Typically these students can not return fulltime on campus to finish requirements.
- Students will register for a Degree Completion Planning Seminar to work out the details of their program. Following that, the program requires enrollment in at least one semester. The Fall or Spring enrollment need not be full-time or on campus.
- The POE must be approved by the Department Chair.
- Upon readmission, students are assigned a POE advisor to assist them in developing a program of emphasis which meets the degree requirements. The remaining credits needed to graduate may be earned through:
- regular courses offered at the College;
- through independent studies with the College faculty (including emeritus faculty) or with practitioners or scholars recognized as qualified by the Provost;
- or through courses taken at other accredited institutions.
Students may transfer in credits if the student has not exhausted the current transfer credit policy.
Deadlines to apply for readmission to Juniata in the Degree Completion program:
- July 1 for Fall semester
- November 1 for Spring semester