Summer Science Splash Camp
Session I ~ SESSION IS FULL; Please call 814-641-3604 to be placed on waitlist.
Summer Science Splash Camp is a week-long residential summer camp funded by the II-IV Foundation and hosted by the Science in Motion on the campus of Juniata College. Spend your day performing experiments in the lab and outdoors using the same high-tech equipment college students and research scientists use. During free time enjoy water activities, tennis, swimming, and other splashing competitions. At night, play games or sports, watch movies or talk with new friends. Between daily experiments and nightly events, work with your team to gain points for prizes.
- July 12-17, 2015: Session 1
- July 19-24, 2015: Session 2
- July 26-31, 2015: Session 3
- PLEASE NOTE: All three sessions provide the same experience/program content so please only register for one session.
- Students entering 7th, 8th, or 9th grade in 2015
- Students come from across Pennsylvania and beyond.
- Maximum of 60 students per session.
- $315 (cost includes meals, lodging, snacks, activities and camp T-shirts)
Few colleges have a more attractive campus than Juniata. The 100 acres on College Hill provide a magnificent atmosphere and safe environment. Juniata is east to find, just off US 22. Driving directions and train information are available at www.juniata.edu/directions.
Camp counselors supervise students in the late afternoons, evenings, and overnight. Staff consists of well-trained Juniata students eager to share their enthusiasm for science and teamwork.
The cafeteria serves youth-friendly food on a daily basis in the summer and can accommodate allergies and vegetarian diets. If you have particular needs, contact us for more information.
Science Camp Details
Of course we don't expect you to already know everything, but we do expect you to be excited and motivated to learn! Campers will be engaged in team competitions; therefore, they are required to stay for the entire week. No exceptions.
Things to Bring to Camp
- Proper Laboratory Attire
- Long pants required for most labs
- Shirts appropriate for lab
- Closed-toe shoes (e.g. tennis shoes)
- Outside fun clothes
- Swim suit
- Linens (extra long twin)