Campus Network and Security (CNS) continually works to provide new and innovative solutions to improve campus connectivity and provide a greater quality of services. Juniata's network system, nicknamed Eaglenet, provides both hard-wired and wireless network access to academic and residential campus buildings. To help ensure that our network stays secure and reliable, all computers must complete a registration process before accessing the network.
Currently, Windows 8, Windows 7 Professional, Windows Vista Business (or better, no home versions) and MAC OS X (v10.5.1 or newer) operating systems are supported by our campus network environment. For additional information on connecting using these configurations, please visit the CTS Online Knowledge Base. The knowledge base contains information on connecting in residence halls, wireless access, off-campus access, and using the campus phone systems.
Juniata's EagleNet network infrastructure and datacenter:
- 250 Mbps Internet connection
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) over fiber used to connect the Datacenter to 24 campus buildings
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps) over fiber used to connect the Datacenter to smaller campus buildings
- 100Mbps switched ethernet to desktop ports
- Wireless Network Access in all Residence Halls, Houses, Academic classrooms, and labs
- Variety of Back-end Computing Platforms
- Intel processors running Windows Server 2008, 2003 and Linux
- HP PA-RISC running HP-UX
- "Port-per-pillow" Student Access from Residence Halls
- Over 10 terabyte of Central Disk Storage
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 to support campus e-mail
- Remote Access to EagleNet
If you have technology related questions, please contact the 'HELP' desk at ext. 3619 or email@example.com.