Payroll News - April 2010:
PROCESS FOR SUMMER EMPLOYMENT AND NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR
- Important - Supervisors please make sure you have notified Financial Planning by May 10th any students that you could hire at anytime during the summer. Please Note: This includes students who will be coming back the week before classes resume. Provide a list of "possible" employees even if you have not confirmed that they will be working. This list will allow Financial Planning to get students signed up for SWSP just in case they do work over the summer.
- New hires will need to complete tax paperwork, training and the online authorization. See the link for new hires on the payroll webpage.
- ONLINE AUTHORIZATIONS: Students working over the summer and/or next academic year at minimum wage ($7.25) will need to complete a new online authorization. Please note: students to be paid by stipend or receiving the IT summer rate will NOT complete the Online Authorization (follow step 4 or 5 below).
- Summer employment officially begins the day after graduation. Do not enter a start date prior to this date for summer work. Students working over the summer and the following academic year will need to complete two authorizations, one for summer and the second for the academic year. The academic year begins the first day of classes. Students returning to work prior to the first day of classes will need to complete two authorizations.
- Employment not confirmed prior to summer will be terminated. If you are termed and return to work next year, you will need to complete an authorization the day prior to beginning work next academic year.
- Students to be paid via a stipend must have an Authorization for Letter of Employment or Stipend (listed under Hiring Process on HR web page), by the deadlines listed in Pay Schedule under Student Stipend Authorization Deadlines in order to assure timely payment. Students receiving stipends are not eligible to also receive hourly pay.
- Technology student supervisors should contact Stephanie Turner to obtain the proper authorization form for their student workers to receive the IT summer pay rate. These students should not complete an online authorization for summer employment.
The Student Employment link on the payroll web page http://services.juniata.edu/finance/payroll/ includes additional instructions for students, supervisors, Kronos training, online authorization, etc.
If an hourly paid student is unable to log in to Kronos and you believe they have completed everything necessary, please contact Stephanie Turner, HR Assistant. Please contact Melinda Bowser, firstname.lastname@example.org or x3303 with any other questions.