Executive Director, Juniata College Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
The Executive Director serves as Chief Operating Officer of Juniata College’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. The Executive Director actively promotes an entrepreneurial environment on the campus and in the community, coordinating the efforts of the College with multiple local, regional and state programs and initiatives.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourages and facilitates entrepreneurship education among students, faculty and the community in a variety of ways including curriculum/program development, instruction, advising, counseling, mentorship and resource awareness (i.e. capital, incubator, networking).
- Manages and administers the affairs of the Sill Business incubator including supervision of staff and interns, marketing, public relations, tenant procurement/oversight and campus liaison.
- Ensures adequate and sustainable funding for operation of the Bob and Eileen Sill Business Incubator and JCEL programs.
- Supports the development of on-line and face-to-face entrepreneurial courses, modules and workshops. Develops relationships with successful entrepreneurs and venture capital organizations and with other colleges and universities.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in management of programs.
- Ability to consult and advise College and community leaders on issues related to entrepreneurship and economic development.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff and to delegate responsibility.
- Experience in working successfully with a board of directors or advisors is preferred.
- Experience with the Pennsylvanie economic develop agencies an in successfully seeking grants is preferred.
- Use of a personal automobile is required.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to think strategically.
- A proactive manner with the ability and inclination to make things happen, the flexibility to defer to others and the wisdom to know which is appropriate.
- The ability to listen well, communicate effectively, and instill trust.