Assistant Director of Leadership Giving
The Assistant/Associate Director of Leadership Giving is primarily responsible for strengthening and maintaining relationships through cultivating, soliciting and providing stewardship of gifts from individuals and business entities.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and meets with donors and prospective donors for cultivation of relationships, solicitation and gift planning. Listens to needs and priorities of donors. Communicates needs and goals of Juniata.
- Collaborates with other members of the Development Department in creating strategies directed toward loyal and consistent club and society level donors. Will be the primary contact for the volunteers who assist with assigned clubs and/or societies.
- Identifies planned giving opportunities among assigned donors and where appropriate delivers planned giving proposals to those donors.
- Prepares reports for presentation, analyzes program results and makes recommendations to improved cultivation program.
- Reports to the Executive Director of Development.
- May supervise student employees and interns.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- Experience in charitable gift programs sufficient to demonstrate competency in prospect solicitation and fundraising success or related sales and marketing experience. Estate, gift and tax planning, solicitation of gifts, and budget management are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- Willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours.