Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement and Marketing and Coordinator of Endowment Stewardship
The assistant position is responsible in assisting the VP in organizing the work of the Advancement and Marketing Division. The coordinator position fosters stewardship for Juniata College with the entire constituency.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare impact statements for endowed scholarship donors to inform them of market value, book value, scholarship recipient(s), etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement and Marketing such as preparing correspondence, travel coordination, etc.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Staff Emeriti classes to solicit annual giving.
- Provide administrative support to two Board of Trustee committees to include meeting preparation, taking minutes, transcribing minutes and meeting follow-up.
- Coordinate and plan the off-campus Board of Trustee retreat every three years.
- Provide administrative support for the Bailey Oratorical to include registering students, schedule student presentations, coordinating meals, design certificates, arrange engraving of trophy, etc.
- Purchase bricks and plaques and work with facilities for installation.
- Proofread various campus publications.
- Ask students to write scholarship thank you letters, proof letters, file and mail to donors.
- Coordinate stewardship plans for top prospects; and coordinate capital giving acknowledgement materials.
- Assist with Alumni Weekend and Homecoming by coordinating alumni registration.
- Assist President’s office with miscellaneous projects.
- Register participants for “Changing Lives” events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- 5 years experience assisting vice president level; preferably in higher education or corporate environment.
- Confidentiality, persuasiveness, professionalism; demonstrated familiarity with philanthropy
- Proficiency operating Microsoft Office and other office software.