Associate Director of Administrative Information Services
The Associate Director of Administrative Information Services will support the Director of A.I.S. in the department’s tasks of providing access to administrative data required for the business operations of the college. He or she will assume overall leadership in the Director’s absence. Juniata uses Datatel’s Colleague and Benefactor applications running under Unix, and is standardized on Windows NT and Microsoft Office products.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain central database server operating systems and utilities
- Maintain file system integrity and security, and support other campus databases that share data with the central applications.
- Install, maintain and enhance secure web access to central data using Datatel’s WebAdvisor and other web-oriented tools, and provide content for the campus portal.
- Develop electronic interfaces to other campus servers, create and install end-user tools for database interfaces and data extractions.
- Develop new administrative applications to augment the Datatel systems. With others in A.I.S., assist end users with application questions, reports, procedures, etc.
- The Associate Director is also responsible for project management for A.I.S. He or she will serve as a member of the Campus Technology Services’ Applications Development team. In that role, the Associate Director will maintain regular contact with administrative user offices in order to help determine their needs for new applications or data access, will write specifications for proposed new applications, and will track and manage the development of new applications and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Associate Director will supervise the staff of A.I.S, and will be supervised by the Director of A.I.S. This person may also be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelors degree in a computer-related field or equivalent professional experience, and several years experience with large relational databases, secure web and applications development using such databases, SQL, html, Unix servers, Unix/NT scripting and systems administration required. Prior experience in higher education and with Datatel or other Unidata/Pick-style databases highly desirable. Must be able to work well with end users of widely varying technical skills and as a flexible member of the A.I.S. team.