Assistant Director of Career Services – Alumni Liaison
The Assistant Director of Career Services – Alumni Liaison will focus on strengthening existing experiential learning opportunities and strategically leveraging alumni and constituent resources to develop current and new high quality opportunities. The position will utilize the alumni career team database, Juniata Connect, social media, travel to network hubs, and other interactive and communicative resources to expand the reach of Juniata’s Career Services operation. The position will work collaboratively with the alumni relations office and the alumni council to utilize constituent volunteers. Finally, to develop learning opportunities for our students, the assistant director will work with the director of career services to connect career development and student learning on campus with developing constituent networks.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with alumni relations office, utilize regional clubs, Juniata network, parents council, and other bodies to develop opportunities and tasks to meet goals of increasing number and quality of experiential learning opportunities and employment possibilities.
- Communicate and travel to visit career/experiential learning network prospects and develop relationships, make presentations about Juniata and the career services program, and solicit involvement.
- Assist with student career/job/internship counseling on a daily basis.
- In consultation with the marketing and alumni relations offices, develop outreach and marketing for the career services office and program, including writing content and updating web pages, updating publications and developing new resources.
- Furnish Career Services and Internship information and explain and present policies and procedures to diverse, internal and external, constituencies; collect and process data and information to maintain supporting databases, files, and resource library.
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluation major events including banquets, career fairs and other office programming functions.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. May supervise support staff and/or student assistants. Some travel is expected.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- Experience in career counseling or career services programs is higly desirable. Sufficient client development experience to demonstrate competency in solicitation and involvement success or related sales and marketing experience.