Assistant Director of Instructional Technology
The Assistant Director of Instructional Technology will be the primary leader in the use of technology in the classroom and leverage business processes through the use of technology. The primary role will be to investigate and maintain a familiarity with cutting edge software and technology solutions that enhance the classroom experience, promote collaboration, and increase overall efficiency in administrative functions. These tasks will be accomplished through the use of one on one training sessions, classroom instruction, and online material and assessment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and perform assessment methodologies to determine technology skill level.
- Maintain up to date documentation on application and classroom equipment usage – in both manual-format and online format (Wiki, FAQ).
- Deliver routine training classes involving standard software packages such as Microsoft Office, Internet skills, and general network topics.
- Routinely investigate cutting edge technologies through the purchase of new software, attending conferences, and open source solutions.
- Work closely with the Help Desk, Network Services, AIS, and the Application Development Team to continually gain an understanding of user expectations and training needs.
- Develop courses to be offered in the Huntingdon community to help develop a strong business technology foundation.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This full-time position is supervised by the Associate Vice President and CIO under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.