Executive Director of Constituent Relations
The Executive Director of Constituent Relations is the principal operating manager for alumni and parent, programs, support of the college through annual giving and volunteer engagement.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a coordinated annual giving set of programs to solicit contributions including mailings, phone-a-thons, corporate matching gifts, senior class gifts, and restricted annual fund initiatives.
- Develops and annually implements a strategic program focused on regional and on-campus events, activities, and services for alumni and parents that promote deeper and more productive relationships.
- Develops and implements a strategic program focused on career readiness and exposure to employers for Juniata students.
- Promotes development of volunteer roles and support structures that encourage constituents to volunteer in progressively more complex and useful roles.
- Works in concert with the Alumni and Parent Councils, individual constituents and leaders, and appropriate college offices and staff to achieve the strategic objectives of the college.
- Reports to the Vice President of Advancement and Marketing
- Supervises a team of direct reports including student employees and interns.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible experience working in higher education or in volunteer or professional roles involving alumni and parent relations and/or extensive volunteer recruitment, training and support is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet research, and database management.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff, to develop competencies in others and to delegate responsibility.
- Willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours.