Educational Services Assistant - Health Professions and Field Studies
Provides varied and complex administrative and office support services for the Health Professions Program, Field Biology; Environmental Science; Geology, Physics Departments, Raystown Field Station, Science Olympiad, the Florida Field Trip, and Remote Field Course.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities (Health Professions Assistant)
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Health Professions Committee.
- Provide information and referral to current and prospective students, parents, College offices, outside agencies, and professional school personnel. Answer student questions, resolve application problems, and assist with application process. Serve as a liaison to the professional schools for information, updates, and follow-up on student status.
- Maintain and update the health professions Access database.
- Send letters of recommendation for students in a timely manner.
- Serve as a central clearinghouse for information on health-related volunteer and research opportunities.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director of the Program.
- Set up schedules for student interviews with the Committee. Set up meetings for the Committee. Assist with logistics of In-House Workshop.
- Design, send, and compile senior survey. Maintain and retrieval of confidential student files. Compile data and prepare reports. Send College data collector a list of senior health professions students to appropriately code them in the College’s main database.
- Update advising sheets, reproduce, and distribute.
- Plan and implement the annual Health Professions Affinity Homecoming Gathering.
- Maintain and update webpage.
- Reconcile P-card charges. Conduct financial transactions such as purchasing goods and services and institute payment requests.
- Take and transcribe minutes of the Health Professions Committee meetings.
- Supervise student assistants.
- Perform other work related tasks.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities (Faculty Assistant)
- Reproduce exams and letters maintaining confidentiality.
- Back up for mail distribution. Pick up my packages and books for faculty.
- Conduct financial transactions such as purchasing goods and services, and institute payment requests.
- Prepare, submit and track budget. Reconcile P-card charges for departments.
- Maintain building directory. Submit work orders to Facilities Services and follow-up for building repairs/problems.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for assigned departments.
- Discuss programs with prospective parents and students by telephone or in person.
- Maintain Program of Emphasis sheets for several departments.
- Track and submit monthly Raystown Field Station van charges.
- Track course expenses for semesters at the Raystown Field Station
- Track applications for those who apply to take courses at the Raystown Field Station
- Distribute, track, and collect vehicle keys for Raystown Field Station
- Prepare and distribute senior survey and compile results.
- Assist with Science Olympiad.
- Plan travel for Remote Field Course participants and order all necessary supplies.
- Plan travel for the Florida Trip
- Advertise for Biology Department assistants
- Coordinate international and other mailings for faculty
- Assist with faculty searches
- Assist with varied logistics of various field trips.
- Supervise student assistants
- Perform other work related tasks
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises a small support staff and/or student assistants.
Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Additional academic training and familiarity of health fields preferred.
Three to five years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate intermediate competencies in customer service, project planning and management, PC based office software, budget tracking, staff supervision, word processing skills, and effective handling of confidential materials.