Financial Aid Counselor #2
Assists with planning and coordination of financial aid programs, services and office operation. Oversees federal grant programs, endowed & annual scholarship programs and a portion of the student loan programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsels with continuing students, focusing on needs and circumstances for retention. Helps match needs with available financial aid programs. Advises students and parents on application process and procedures.
- Administers all federal grant programs, including Pell, ACG, SEOG, SMART & TEACH.
- Shares responsibilities for administrating the student and parent loan programs, including review of application information, determining eligibility and making and consummating awards.
- Insures timely and accurate maintenance of the student financial aid information system.
- Monitors and awards all Juniata endowed and annual scholarships.
- Maintains Office of Student Financial Planning website.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently applying judgment in the application of established regulations and policies. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with many diverse individuals and groups. Has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in financial counseling or other student counseling sufficient to demonstrate competency with PC software for managing financial aid or loan programs, accounting and loan management, personal finance counseling and public speaking.