HEAD COACH TRACK & CROSS COUNTRY
The Head Coach of Cross Country and Track, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the Director of Athletics. This position directly supervises assistant coaches, student support personnel and student-athletes.
The Head Track and Cross Country Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Men’s and Women’s Cross Country programs, Men’s and Women’s Indoor Track & Field Programs and the Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track & Field Programs. This includes structural and administrative organization of these programs as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Men’s and Women’s Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field. Men’s and Women’s Cross Country:
- Develop, recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skill develop programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Strategically schedule meets and contests to advance the Track and Cross Country programs and maximize use of financial resources while maintaining an awareness of time demands on student-athletes.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled conference and non-conference opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of each of these programs, department of athletics and Juniata College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes selection, hiring and training of student assistants and some game management personnel.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Landmark Conference, and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Department of Athletics
- Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, attending staff meetings, serving on request in event management, keeping facilities secure, assisting in hiring process, fundraising, promotions etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.