Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
The Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the Director of Athletics. The Tennis Coach directly supervises assistant coaches, student support personnel and student-athletes. The Tennis Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata College Men’s and Women’s Tennis programs. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below.
Men’s and Women’s Tennis Programs:
- Develop, recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skill development programs.
- Plan, organize, implement, and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Strategically schedule conference and non-conference games and tournaments to advance the Men’s and Women’s Tennis programs, and maximize use of financial resources while maintaining an awareness of time demands on student-athletes.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled conference and non-conference opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of tennis programs, department of athletics, and Juniata College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes selection, hiring and training of assistants, student assistants and some game management personnel.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Middle Atlantic Corporation, Landmark Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Department of Athletics:
- Assist the Sports Information Director in that function including overall responsibility for awards and recognition of athletes.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of fall ’07 athletic events.
- Assist with Commencement Exercises in May.
- Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, serving as event manager, assisting in hiring process, fundraising, promotions, etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.