Health and Wellness Office Assistant
Provides administrative and office support services for the Health & Wellness Center.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a range of administrative/office support services including: pulling charts, filing, ordering supplies, creating forms, calling for pre-certification for procedures (MRI,CT Scan, etc), coordinating schedules, database utilization and assistance with event preparation.
- Greets and directs students and provides information and explanation of Center policies and procedures to students and their families, providing advice within established guidelines of the Center.
- Performs a variety of duties that require a high degree of confidentiality.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Operates within established regulations and procedures of the Health & Wellness Department. Reports to the Health Services Coordinator and College Nurse.
- 1. Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and medical office experience.
- 2. Prior experience sufficient to demonstrate necessary competency in Excel, Word, and Database entry, organizational skills, and health insurance processing.
- 3. The ability to interact and communicate in a positive and professional manner, be dependable, have good verbal and communication skills, be able to work with little supervision and be empathic toward students.