IT Support Specialist
The IT Support specialist will provide installation, maintenance, and repair services to users of campus computers and classroom instructional technology. In addition to standard computer equipment, the specialist must also be able to support audio/visual equipment and provide basic network troubleshooting.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs and/or installs software and hardware for campus PC, Mac, and Audio/Visual equipment.
- Trains users on proper operations and daily maintenance of equipment.
- Schedule, deliver, and set-up audio/visual equipment to meet customer needs. Maintains scheduling and usage records.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment. Services and repairs equipment as required.
- Coordinates vendor returns/replacements for failed hardware. Insures warranty claim filings.
- Responds to help desk inquiries and provides responses to routine PC and Mac operating questions.
- Maintains records and documentation on repairs, equipment installation/return, set-up configurations, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently utilizing judgment and discretion in determining service needs and best methods for delivering service. Must work cooperatively with diverse customers and vendors. This position is supervised by the Solutions Center Technical Leader and the Director of the Technology Solutions Center under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma and certification and/or graduation from a computer repair/technician trade school.
- One year of experience sufficient to demonstrate capabilities in computer repair, software installation, and peripheral equipment installation in both a PC and Mac environment.
- One-year experience with audio/visual or electronic equipment repair.
- Knowledge and competencies of PC software applications used in work processing and inventory and budget tracking.
- The ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Background check required.