IT Support Specialist
The IT Support specialist will provide installation, maintenance, and repair services to users of campus computers and classroom instructional technology and will assist users in identifying solutions to technology issues via telephone, e-mail, and in person support. In addition to standard computer equipment, the specialist must also be able to support audio/visual equipment and provide basic network troubleshooting. Well-developed customer service and communication skills are a must.
It is the responsibility of all Juniata employees to be a part of a productive team and to model the qualities found in our Leadership Philosophy.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs and/or installs software and hardware for campus PC, Mac, and Audio/Visual equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment. Services and repairs equipment as required.
- Coordinates vendor returns/replacements for failed hardware. Insures warranty claim filings.
- Provides telephone and email support for inquiries directed to the help desk by students and employees.
- Deliver, set-up and occasionally provide ongoing support for computing and AV equipment needs for events held on campus. This may include occasional early morning, evening or weekend responsibilities.
- Maintains records and documentation on repairs, equipment installation/return, set-up configurations, etc.
- Trains users on proper operations and daily maintenance of equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently utilizing judgment and discretion in determining service needs and best methods for delivering service. Must work cooperatively with diverse customers and vendors. This position is supervised by the Solutions Center Technical Leader and the Director of the Technology Solutions Center under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma and certification and/or graduation from a computer repair/technician trade school.
- One year of experience sufficient to demonstrate capabilities in computer repair, software installation, and peripheral equipment installation in both a PC and Mac environment.
- One-year experience with audio/visual or electronic equipment repair.
- Must be able to cordially and effectively communicate in person, email and via the telephone with students and employees.
- After hours and on call support is required for emergencies and planned maintenance intervals.
- The position requires a variety of physical activities including using ladders, accessing and installing wiring above ceiling/below flooring and in crawl spaces, moving equipment from building to building, and troubleshooting issues that extend from computing equipment to power and network outlets that may be difficult to reach.
- The position may require lifting/pushing/carrying objects up to 75 pounds.
- Must have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity due to the level of system access required for this position.
- Must agree to and pass a background check.