Juniata College Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (JCEL) Operations Assistant
Providees varied and complex administrative, facilities and office support services for the Juniata College Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (JCEL), which includes the Bob and Eileen Sill Business Incubator.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages daily operations and tenant support for the Sill Business Incubator - including, but not limited to, coordination of facility (VoIP, BASIS security, and occupancy contracts); recruitment and orientation of tenants; coordination of counseling sessions with existing tenants; and management of tours and events.
- Provides day-to-day fiscal operations support including, but not limited to: purchasing goods and services; reconciling P-Card transactions, processing payment requests; receipting and depositing funds; administering payroll and benefits; assisting in budget development; monitoring budget performance; tracking grants.
- Coordinates logistics of JCEL programs, including but not limited to: web site maintenace; computer network administration; Student Seed Capital administration.
- Performs a variety of support services including but not limited to: arranging appointments and meetings; supporting boards and committees; planning and overseeing mailings; preparing correspondence; coordinating mail; and arranging travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
May provide direct supervision to student interns. Coordinates activities of volunteers. Works independently under general guidelines and direction, as well as collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups.
Reports to the Executive Director of the Juniata College Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership.
- Associate Degree required in the preferred fields of business, marketing or communications.
- Experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in areas such as budget management, accounting, advanced word processing, web page maintenance, and customer service.
- A motivated self-starter and team player.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Occasional evening and weekend work, overnight travel may be required.
- Driver's license, auto insurance, and use of a personal vehicle is required.