Director of the Juniata Scholarship Fund
Strengthen and maintain relationships through cultivating, soliciting and providing stewardship of annual gifts in support of the Juniata Scholarship Fund from all constituencies.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops and implements a coordinated Juniata Scholarship Fund campaign schedule to solicit contributions including:
Assists with major gift donor strategy ($1,000 and above) for Juniata Scholarship Fund
Develops strategies and schedule for print and e communications
Manages GOLD campaign strategies with assistance and supervision of intern and/or Juniata Associate
Manages Reunion Giving Programs for 10, 25, and 40 year reunions.
Incorporates personal communications and visits with top JSF prospects when appropriate.
2. Plans and fully manages all aspects of tele-marketing campaign including hires and supervises Juniata Associate, sets strategy for calling year, tracks and analyzes goals, trends, and targeted phone-a-thon activities to plan modifications or adjustments for subsequent campaigns.
3. Develops and implements current student philanthropy program including coordination of senior class gift.
4. Assists in development and oversight of fund raising strategies for annual giving programs such as annual named scholarships and affinity donor programs including but not limited to: Friends of the Library, Friends of the Field Station, Juniata Artist Series, Juniata College Museum of Art, JClub, Parents Program, and Employees Program.
The Director of the Juniata Scholarship Fund works under general guidance and directions, working collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. The director supervises the efforts of Juniata Associates and Juniata Interns and provides direction to the Annual Giving Specialist in regards to JSF operations.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in business, management, marketing, or another relevant subject area.
- At least three years progressively responsible administrative fund raising experience sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with: campaign planning and management, budget planning and management, staff recruitment and supervision, and marketing and promotion. Telemarketing experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel and work non-traditional hours.
- Computer literacy with the knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research, and database management.