Provides varied and complex administrative and office support services to the AVP of marketing, the director of print publications, the director of media relations, the director of marketing, and the coordinator of e-communications to promote Juniata College through all marketing activities.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the marketing budget to include: prepare purchase orders, pay invoices, process cash advances, collect receipts and allocate charges for all Pcard holders, assist with preparation of annual budgets.
- Maintains databases and excel files to include: the print publications excel document, the integrated marketing database, the hometown news release database, the quote and information database, and the Image Folio photography database.
- Prepares printing and promotional bid requests and assigns vendors.
- Organizes and files print samples and yearly portfolios, news clips, and press releases.
- Processes paperwork required for student employees to include: job posting, hiring, coordination of student work schedules, and time cards.
- Communicates with clients about time frames needed for print pieces and produces production schedules.
- Responds to client’s requests – directs phone calls, obtains logos, locates photography, provides cost information and software assistance.
- Distributes and delivers mail and marketing materials – overnight shipments, urgent campus deliveries, magazines and brochures on campus and to community, news clips, and completed projects to vendors.
- Completes registrations for conferences and makes travel and hotel reservations.
- Completes other office tasks – coordinates meetings, creates news clip displays on bulletin boards, maintains office supplies and equipment, and submits work orders for up-keep of Pennington House.
Works independently under general direction and guidelines. Must work collaboratively with marketing team and clients. Directly supervises student employees.
- High School diploma plus knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school emphasis in business, a business college degree, or an Associate’s Degree.
- Competency in MS office products including Excel, Access, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Computer aptitude and experience demonstrating an ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work independently with minimum amount of supervision in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Demonstration of professional and competent oral and written communications.
- Organizational skills with attentiveness to accuracy and detail.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Knowledge of printing industry, marketing, advertising, communications, writing, or related discipline a plus.