Middle/Junior High School Science In Motion Mobile Educator
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule with teachers to coordinate visits and equipment deliveries
- Visit and teach in middle/junior high and high school classrooms with science instrumentation
- Aid resident teachers in laboratory activities and/or directing students in the use of this equipment
- Coordinate professional development days and summer workshops for participating teachers as well as act as a consultant for SIM classroom material and equipment
- Hire, train, and supervise college students as Science in Motion lab assistants
- Develop new laboratories and new curriculum for Science in Motion and revise current laboratory experiments
- PA teaching certification preferred and classroom teaching experience in a middle school science, biology or chemistry science area (position dependent).
- Strong people skills and the ability to work successfully with teachers at all levels of career development
- Previous experience in teacher training and professional development is desirable
- Advanced organizational and computer skills.