The Network/Server Analyst will provide assistance in the areas of network and server support, security, and development. The primary role will be to maintain day to day server and network operations. The Network/Server Analyst will be expected to work closely with the Network Services and Solutions Center teams and have well developed customer service and communication skills.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze Microsoft Windows and various UNIX server systems and network devices for potential problems and security related issues.
- Assist in server related maintenance such as patching, rebooting, active directory account maintenance and security permissions, security vulnerability awareness and testing, and software/hardware contract renewals.
- Work closely with the Help Desk and Network Services staff to troubleshoot wired/wireless network and server issues.
- Assist in network related maintenance such as configuring switches and wireless access points, installing equipment, closet upkeep, and cable pulling.
- Investigate and analyze new software solutions related to network and server security.
- Maintain and monitor all server backups.
- Maintain and monitor anti-virus logs and network wide anti-virus status.
- Maintain up to date documentation on server and network inventory.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This position is supervised by the Director of Campus Network and Security under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a degree in a technology related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Considerations would also be made for individuals who have a strong technical and analytical background with a strong desire to learn server and network management.
2 years of experience in computer hardware and software maintenance with exposure to both Microsoft Windows Active Directory and various UNIX environments on Intel platforms is desirable.
2 years of experience troubleshooting technical problems related to wired and wireless LAN connectivity. Specific knowledge of Ethernet networks and IP technology is strongly desired.
Good understanding of network and server security concepts.
Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Must also demonstrate experience working in a team-oriented environment.
Experience with personal computers and a wide variety of software applications.
Background check required.