Part Time Financial Planning Office Assistant
Provides administrative and office support services for the Office of Student Financial Planning.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary office contact with various publics including students, parents, phone calls, office of admission, other campus offices and external agencies.
- Management of the financial aid data imaging system:
- Develop annual schedule for overall management.
- Hire and monitor student staff for labor-intensive aspects of system (scanning, record assignment, etc.)
- Maintain electronic student files.
- Perform annual audit to ensure accurate and precise procedures.
- Maintain student employment listings:
- Primary contact for job listing service both on and off-campus student employment offices/agencies.
- Establish, maintain, and monitor various aspects of the student employment process including employer job listings and answering general questions about the student employee process.
- Primary office individual responsible for the development, maintenance, and distribution of all office communication, including written, electronic, and forms.
- Maintains aspects of the award letter process including award letter generation/accuracy, procedures for award letters for both new and continuing students, and conduction of annual audit ensuring accurate and effective management of the award letter process.
- Coordinates the portion of Perkins Loan procedures related to the Office of Student Financial Planning.
- Responsible for data entry into PowerFAIDS financial aid software system.
The assistant reports directly to the Director of Student Financial Planning.
- 1. Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma.
- 2. Prior experience sufficient to demonstrate necessary competency in Excel, Word, and Database entry, and organizational skills. Previous experience with Datatel and PowerFAIDS preferred.
- 3. The ability to interact and communicate in a positive and professional
manner, be dependable, have good verbal and communication skills, and be able to
work with little supervision.