Facilities Supervisor of the Raystown Field Station
Juniata College invites applications for the Raystown Field Station Facilities Supervisor. This position is responsible for overseeing the upkeep and general maintenance of all field station facilities. Facilitates the progress of student research projects.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all facilities are in good working order. Schedule both current and planned maintenance.
- Manages various work groups at the station.
- Meet and greets visitors to the station and serves and an information resource about the station. Conducts tours as needed.
- Delivers basis safety training to students and field station visitors.
- Maintains technical research equipment. Assists in the physical set up of research projects. May gather/monitor data collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works independently with discretion and independent judgment as to how best maintain the field station, with general guidance from the Co-Directors. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and customers. Supervises student employees and volunteer work groups. Oversees any work projects at the station.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field of environmental science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with facilities planning and maintenance, including budget management and building mechanical system maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills.