Solutions Center Technical Leader
Working in a team environment, the Solutions Center Technical Leader will oversee the daily operations of the technical functions of the Technology Solutions Center at Juniata College. The Technology Solutions Center is responsible for the technical support and instruction on the use of campus computer labs, classroom technology, and office desktop technology.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of the technical functions of the Technology Solutions Center at Juniata College.
- Guides and participates in the development of technology solutions for academic and administrative end users through constant communication with the campus environment.
- Oversees classroom technology to provide effective and easy-to-use instructional technology solutions.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental procedures so that services are provided effectively and efficiently to the Juniata community, and in compliance with College policies and government regulations.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets with responsibility for planning, forecasting, and balancing.
- Assists in the college’s software licensing and end-user hardware acquisition process.
- Provides instruction and technical support, as needed, to the campus community in the areas of technology use for administrative and academic areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works in a team environment with the Director of the Technology Solutions Center and other key staff. Works with considerable independence and self-direction. Expected to develop operational goals and objectives and action plans. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse group of clients, vendors, and organizations including cabinet members, alumni, trustees, faculty, staff, and students. Provides direct supervision, including selection and development of support and student staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a business-related or Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of hardware and software packages normally associated with administrative and academic activities, including Macintosh and Windows based systems.
- Knowledge of audio and visual equipment typically used as instructional technology.
- Due to the customer service focus of this position, the individual must be able to maintain a positive demeanor while interacting with customers.
- Experience managing employees is a strong plus.