Researches, writes, and revises for publication various writing projects, including but not limited to copywriting for enrollment publications, Web content, advertising, magazine articles, and press releases. Supports principal investigators in researching grant opportunities and preparing submissions.
- Writes promotional copy for enrollment, Web, development publications and can be assigned to write magazine stories, researching, interviewing, and fact-checking as appropriate.
- Participates in news meetings and brainstorming sessions, contributing to message development with marketing team.
- Researches, develops, and submits funding proposals in collaboration with college administrators and faculty based on identified college needs and priorities.
- In concert with the Grant Accountant, monitors progress in awarded grants and intervenes as appropriate to ensure that Juniata fulfills grant performance and reporting obligations.
- Collaborates with Grant administrator, Web content editor and director, media relations to update Web content as appropriate.
Works independently under general guidelines and direction, as well as collaboratively with diverse individuals.
Reports to the Director of Media Relations and receives additional direction from the Director of Corporate and Foundation Support.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, business writing, or related field.
- Must have at least two years' experience in writing for newspapers or corporate communications or grant-writing. Ability to write and edit for Web and Print. Experience in higher education, nonprofits, journalism, communications, or marketing preferred.
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Strict adherence to deadlines.
- Travel may be required.