The Web Programmer/Analyst will serve as a member of Juniata College’s Technology Solutions Center and the applications development team. The primary role will be to develop applications used by both on-campus entities and visitors to the College’s external web site. The Web Programmer/Analyst will be expected to work closely with the Administrative Information Systems, Network Services and Solutions Center teams and have well developed customer service and communication skills.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the applications development team on the development of applications for internal uses. Although primary development will usually be for web-based applications, applications will also be developed for other environments.
- Work with the marketing department to develop code used to support the College’s public web site.
- Serve as a mentor and partner to student developers, oftentimes providing support to educational projects.
- Assist in the development of project scope documents, application and code documentation, and other project planning and development documents.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This position is supervised by the Director of the Technology Solutions Center under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with both full-time employees and part-time student workers.
- General programming knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Acceptable applicants must be able to work as member of team (in a shared space) as well as work individually on assigned tasks.
- The ability to communicate and the willingness to learn new skills on the job are required.
- Experience with data privacy and security is desired.
- Experience in an educational setting a plus.