Associate Head Women's Volleyball Coach
The Associate Head Coach of Women’s Volleyball, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the Head Volleyball Coach and the Director of Athletics. The Associate Head VB Coach directly supervises assistant coaches, student support personnel and student-athletes. The Associate Head Coach has responsibility for assisting in the development and maintenance of the Juniata College Women’s Volleyball program. This includes administrative organization of the volleyball programs and department of athletics as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
- Develop; recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skill develop programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Strategically assist in scheduling non-conference games and tournaments to advance the women’s volleyball program, and maximize use of financial resources while maintaining an awareness of time demands on student-athletes.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled conference and non-conference opponents.
- Recommend and help enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of the WVB program, department of athletics, and Juniata College.
- Help effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes selection, hiring and training of student assistants and some game management personnel.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Landmark Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.).
- Help to administer and manage conference, non-conference and championship volleyball events held at and by Juniata College.
Collateral responsibilities within Department of Athletics
- Be the athletics department liaison to academic support servicers and the NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative. This position involves itself with such things as: advising student athletes in balancing their athletic and academic lives; intervening on behalf of student-athletes with faculty and the FAR; counseling at-risk student-athletes; responsibility for overall academic performance and retention of NCAA student-athletes; advising registration; maintenance of minimum number of NCAA credits for individual athletes.
- Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, serving as event manager, assisting in hiring process, fundraising, promotions etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.