Academic Records Assistant
Provides essential office support services for the department and/or individual such as file/data management, policy and program information explanation, correspondence preparation, and personal/telephone reception.
Typical Duities and Responsibilities
- Enters and maintains electronic student database/filings on student transcripts.
- Provides transcript service to students and alumni.
- Evaluates all types of transfer credit and maintains accurate academic records.
- Receives incoming calls and visitors. Provides requested information and guidance on policies and procedures.
- Provide back up for the Event Scheduler for scheduling of classes and meetings.
- Provides office clerical support including correspondence, reports, form preparation and maintenance of records/files.
- Performs related duties as assigned to include cross training on the duties of the Scheduling Assistant.
- Assist the Director of Institutional Research with reporting needs by compilation and maintenance of Fact Book reports and multiple reporting needs throughout the year.
Works independently carrying out accepted responsibilities within established policies and guidelines. Must work collaboratively with diverse constituents. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma.
- Two years experience sufficient to demonstrate competency with PC office software and customer service skills.