Accounting Services Assistant
Primary RoleEstablishes, maintains and prepares internal and external accounting records and reports. Serves as technical support resource for computing applications in department.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, record, and monitor both Designated and Agency fund expenditures. Budget, compile, prepare and submit requested standard reports to be used by others.
- Answer questions, prepare and/or approve billings, reconcile and/or solve problems related to various accounts receivable and cash receipt activities.
- Manage college's daily cash needs. Collect and transmit deposits. Purchase/exchange cash at bank for immediate needs. Determine cash balances and recommend account transfers to maintain needed balances.
- Compile, prepare and submit entries and verify accuracy of monthly departmental charge-bank reports. Reclassify and make correcting entries as deemed necessary.
- Monitor both wired and wireless telephone systems, including analyzing and tracking charges and usage.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently following established accounting principles and procedures. Must work collaboratively with others to collect and process data.
Provides supervision to student assistants/interns.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma and two years additional education in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Three years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial services sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: tracking and managing multiple accounts, PC applications for account (spread sheets, database access, and word processing), and preparing and analyzing account reports.