Annual Giving Specialist
Provides complex and varied administrative and office support service for the college Development Office.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Produces and coordinates solicitation letters and other annual fund appeals. Work with class representatives to provide information and support in letter preparation and e-mail/phone contacts. Involves working with outside mail vendor and campus print publications providing files, address lists, etc. for solicitation/recognition pieces.
- 2. Coordinates the corporate matching gift program for alumni, faculty/staff, and parent giving appeals. Maintains files, verifies and submits application forms, prepares correspondence to corporations/donors for matching gifts received.
- 3. Collects and processes data and information collected from Phonathon reports, gift envelopes, contact reports, etc. insuring completeness and accuracy utilizing systematic procedures for data collection, verification, and record updating.
- 4. Performs a range of administrative/office support service including: correspondence preparation; filing maintenance and retrieval; copying; planning and scheduling meetings & locations, maintaining appointment calendars, submitting work orders, equipment service requests, ordering supplies, etc.
- 5. Develops queries using college database and generates various donor giving reports, mailing lists, etc.
- 6. Prepares and proofreads documents including solicitation letters, thank you letters, and other various documents. Completes and prepares routine correspondence. May draft correspondence for signature of others.
- 7. Updates department website.
- 8. Supports collaborative work among members of development staff in support of goals across department.
- 9. Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently carrying out defined responsibilities within established policies and guidelines. Must work collaboratively with diverse constituents. Supervises student workers when necessary.
- 1. Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a business college degree or a high school diploma with emphasis in business.
- 2. Three years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: project planning and management, advanced computer & software skills, strong interpersonal skills, customer service, flexibility, adaptability, and effective handling of confidential matters.