Assistant Director of Admissions
Recruit and support enrollment of students through identifying and communication with student prospects.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the region to generate sufficient numbers of acceptable applicants to ensure deposit goals are achieved.
- Creates an expanding network of counselors, alumni and parents to improve regional performance.
- Improves the yield of accepted students by effective interpersonal communication, targeted use of arsenal materials and marshaling of on-campus resources.
- Manages one or more areas of admission programming delegated by the Dean.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Dean and works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals.
- Receives general direction and guidance. Expected to operate independently within established regulations and guidelines. Must work collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups.
- Assists in hiring, training and supervising student employees, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments.
Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
Has completed one or more years of work as an Admission Counselor.
Personal Competencies Necessary to be Successful in Position:
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with PC software packages including Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstration of skills and capabilities in public speaking, presentations of marketing materials, and planning and coordinating of student workers.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel.
Able and willing to work weekends and evenings as necessary to cover events and to contact prospective students.