Plans, organizes, and directs the college's intercollegiate and recreational sports programs and policies, both to enhance the college's reputation and the experience of student athletes.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and administers policies and programs that insure the effective selection of coaches and student athletes leading to competitive team performance, growth and development of student athletes.
- Ensures compliance with applicable NCAA and college policies and regulations through effective education and monitoring activities.
- Approves teams schedules and home events. Represent the mission of Juniata College. Routinely speaks to groups, clubs, parents, alumni, and students.
- Provides overall management and operation of athletic facilities and financial resources. Insures facilities and fields operate within prescribed sport regulations and to accommodate public spectators.
- Performs related duties as assigned including those of varsity sports coach.
- Promotes the safety, health and well-being of NCAA student athletes.
Works under broad guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individual faculty and groups. Directs the efforts of a large coaching and support staff.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business, sports administration, or a relevant discipline and commitment to gender equity and cultural diversity.
- At least five years experience in coaching and athletic program administration sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with the following: NCAA rules and regulations, recruiting, selecting, and supervising coaches, community and public relations, budget planning and management, athletic facilities operation, student athletic recruitment and basic PC proficiency in office applications.