Athletic Equipment Supervisor
Coordinates and supervises athletics equipment maintenance, repair, replacement, ordering, issuance and inventory control.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain athletic equipment through frequent checking, adjustments, and repairs for all sports equipment and uniforms. Inventory equipment seasonally, maintain records of unreturned items and provide to accounting for billing to appropriate individuals.
- Prepare for football game days by: transporting items to/from field; distribute & collect uniforms.
- At his best professional discretion, travel to away football games to help team prepare for games.
- Assist in equipment fitting and make purchase recommendations based on inventory.
- Oversee laundry operations for uniforms + practice gear including maintaining laundry equipment and supplies.
- Organize and maintain equipment room, team locker rooms, and courts.
- Organize locker room assignments for visiting teams.
- Transport packages and oversize items to appropriate destinations.
- Remain on call for facilities emergencies.
- Train somebody on staff to be a backup in case of illness, vacations, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Hires, trains, and supervises student employees and interns, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and proficiency with equipment inventory.
- Basic knowledge of PC software.
- Ability to effectively interact and represent Juniata with a wide variety of students, coaches, administration, staff, trustees, guests, public.