Primary RoleThe Head Athletic Trainer, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the Director of Athletics. The Head Trainer directly supervises assistant trainers and student support personnel and has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata College Athletic Training program. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
Athletic Training Program
- Assess, treat and rehabilitate injuries suffered by Juniata College varsity athletes.
- Work with coaches to provide appropriate athletic training coverage at all varsity practices and competition.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes scheduling and supervising Assistant Athletic Trainer.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times. Develop and implement policies to enhance safety of Juniata student athletes as well as emergency procedures to effectively respond to accidents and injuries.
- Coordinate Clinical Instructor program with The Pennsylvania State University to place students in the Juniata training room. Supervise student trainers form Penn State Program as well as Juniata student trainers.
- Coordinate health insurance programs that cover injuries to student athletes.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Middle Atlantic Corporation and National Collegiate Association.)
Department of Athletics
- Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, serving as event manager, assisting in hiring process, fundraising, promotions etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.