Provides opportunities and support for religious growth and development through counseling, worship, worship retreats and studies.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and leads weekly sessions with student groups to support spiritual life, worship, and fellowship.
- Plans and co-leads workshops and worship experiences in support of student needs for spiritual development.
- Co-leads Bible study/discipleship study groups.
- Provides individual counseling in support of faith needs and to assist with a range of individual problems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently under broad guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups. Has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through at least a Bachelor's Degree in divinity with ordination of the religious order.
- While no prior experience is necessary, competency and capabilities in the following areas must be demonstrated: student counseling, capability to lead Bible studies, planning skills for student/group activities.