Operations Specialist-Campus Visit Coordinator
The Operations Specialist – Campus Visit Coordinator works closely with the Senior Associate Dean of Admission – Events and Campus Visits to coordinate the scheduling and logistics for prospective student visits to campus. The individual in this role coordinates with multiple campus constituents (Faculty, Coaches, Students, and Staff) to develop personalized visit itineraries for prospective students and their families. This includes communicating the schedule to prospective students and following up with students to determine if the visit was successful. Juniata College’s Tour Guide program consists of over 40 students who are charged with conducting hourly tours Monday through Saturday during business hours as well as any special requests. The Campus Visit Manager manages the tour guides and scheduling of tours to meet the needs of constituents on a daily basis. With a member of the Events and Campus Visit Team, coordinates annual tour guide training. Also, is responsible for editing/approving Kronos for all student workers assisting in the Enrollment Division.
Additionally, this individual supervises the Enrollment Division’s main reception area. Reception duties are spread across the Enrollment Division and include receiving guests, answering phone calls, and scheduling visits.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Insures all arrangements for campus visits of prospective freshman and guests including planning and scheduling tours, admission and financial aid counselor meetings, meetings with faculty, attending classes, athletic coaches meetings, lunches, and overnight student hosts.
- Corresponds with visitors in a timely fashion to advise them of schedules and arrangements. Answers questions and conveys needed information.
- Assists with coordination of transportation to and from campus for prospective students and their families.
- Maintains reports and records of information collected during student visits.
- Manages schedule and staffing of Enrollment Division receptions areas.
- Works closely with the Campus Visit Team to provide input on campus visit logistics.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently responding to service needs of prospective students and guests. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Co-supervises 40 student tour guides, three student assistants and is responsible for Kronos submissions for all enrollment student employees.
Reports to the Director of Enrollment Operations.
- Either an Associates Degree or High School Diploma with significant related work experience, including database management, reporting, and execution.
- Experience with Slate, Ellucian (formerly Datatel) or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Possess strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse constituency.
- A commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity.