Career Services Administrative Coordinator
Provides varied and complex administrative and office support services for the Career Services office.
This position is Part-Time Permanent - 1000 hours/year maximum.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a critical role in helping to plan and execute logistics, and delegate tasks surrounding Career Day activities, where attention to detail and meeting deadlines will be instrumental to ensure a successful event.
- Perform a range of administrative/office support and logistical support including but not limited to: correspondence preparation, customer service, and the planning and scheduling of appointments, meetings and events.
- Collect and process data and information insuring completeness and accuracy. Maintain supporting databases, files and resource library.
- Prepare and proofread documents including reports, contracts and correspondence. Complete and prepare routine reports. Draft correspondence for signature of others.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises small support staff and/or student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Additional academic training and technical training in computer-based programming is preferred.
- Expertise in technological and computer-based programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Mail Merge, and other e-mail blast software.
- Minimum of one year experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: customer service, project planning and management, PC based office software, budget planning and tracking, staff supervision, advanced word processing skills, and effective handling of confidential materials.