The College Counselor provides counseling, psychoeducation and related services to Juniata College students through the Juniata College Health & Wellness Center. This is a nine (9) month position; mid-August through mid-May.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides crisis and short-term outpatient mental health and/or substance abuse therapy (a limit of ten sessions/student/academic year).
- Provides therapy using individual, family, couple and/or group modalities.
- Maintains appropriate professional records on each client and communicates client information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Works with faculty and staff to provide wellness presentations and programs i.e. stress management, depression screenings, mental health inventories, etc.
- Provide consultation services to faculty, staff, parents/family and students to enhance personal development and wellness.
- Works with Director and consulting psychiatrist for the development and implementation of treatment planning and behavioral goals.
- Informs Director of any difficulties relating to patient satisfaction, treatment issues, procedural concerns, and other departmental or public relations concerns.
- Assures that all office procedures, policies, and required reports are developed, followed and completed in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Director to develop and implement annual goals and objectives for the Wellness Center .
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Reporting directly to the Director of Counseling, works under broad guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Bachelor's degree with counseling credentials and a minimum of three years clinical experience with a successful record of providing clinical services required. Master's degree in clinical/counseling psychology or related field preferred.