Director of Community Service and Service-Learning
Plans and implements an experiential education opportunities of community service and service-learning to support student learning and development.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and teaches service-learning courses. Holds classes to process service experiences utilizing theories of service learning.
- Plans, coordinates, advises and leads different service initiatives, events, trips and student organizations.
- Serves as Bonner Leader Program Director. Selects student participants, provides weekly programming, monthly mentoring and oversees their 3 year commitment ensuring all Bonner Foundation and AmeriCorps requirements are satisfied.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and supervises part-time AmeriCorps members. Monitors the AmeriCorps program and grant budgets to ensure compliance with federal/state guidelines.
- Oversees Community Federal Work Study Program.
- Assists faculty in development of service-learning courses and community partners.
- Identifies community service/service-learning sites for students. Places, monitors, and evaluates student placements. Manages volunteers database and tracks service hours.
- Works collaboratively with community organizations and student leaders to create community service projects and initiatives.
- Manages office budget.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence under established guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises a small number of student assistants and the coordinator of the Community Federal Work Study Program.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in higher education administration or a related area preferred.
- While no specific length of work experience is required, prospective employees must demonstrate experience and capabilities in successfully planning and implementing community service volunteer projects, project planning, communication and presentation skills, and PC office applications at the basic level.