Dean of Students
Serves as leader and senior student affairs officer for all student activities and services including athletics, campus activities, campus ministries, first year programs, judicial affairs, residential life, career services, safety and security, and health and wellness (health and counseling services).
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides overall leadership, vision and strategic direction in developing and implementing philosophies and policies for student services and activities. Works with faculty and staff to provide a broad range of student services intended to support a safe learning environment, which offers diverse opportunities for academic, social, and spiritual growth and development.
- Assesses student programs and services on a continuing basis with a goal of evaluation value and results as well as identifying needs and priorities of students.
- Meets and works with colleagues and student leaders, providing advice and input learning of needs, concerns, and problems.
- Counsels and guides student affairs staff and individual students on a variety of professional and personal topics.
- Ensures overall integration of student affairs programs, budget and staff alignment with philosophies and values of the college.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting directly to the Provost, works under broad guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Directs the efforts of a large staff of professional and support staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of, at least, a Master's Degree in higher education, student personnel services, or an academic field in the liberal arts tradition.
- At least five years senior-level experience in student affairs management. Experience sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with student affairs programming, budget management, staff supervision, PC office systems at the intermediate level, strategic, and student counseling.