Dean of Enrollment
Serves as the Chief Admissions Officer for the college, coordinating all staff functions and day to day operations of the Enrollment Department.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements long and short term plans to meet enrollment objectives for matriculates, discount, quality, diversity and academic program balance.
- Directs the recruitment, training and ongoing supervision of traveling staff and of Juniata Associates.
- Supports the Juniata Admission Ambassadors and other programs to recruit, deploy and recognize volunteers drawn from alumni, parent and friend constituencies.
- Supports the development and deployment of a strong institutional image in collaboration with the EVP of Enrollment and Retention and the Marketing department. In addition, continues to review market data to better inform colleagues and trustees of trends in student population, student interests and activities and other market dynamics likely to impact Juniata.
- Builds collaborative relationships with institutional constituents for recruitment through leadership of the Enrollment and Student Success Committee as well as working closely with departments ready to really engage with enrollment.
- Reports to the EVP of Enrollment and Retention and works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals.
- Receives general direction and guidance. Expected to operate independently within established regulations and guidelines. Must work collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student employees, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments. Provides oversight of the supervision given by others when delegated.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Requires seven or more years of progressively responsible leadership in college enrollment.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with PC software packages including Windows, Word, and Excell.
- Demonstration of skills and capabilities in public speaking, presentations of marketing materials, and planning and coordinating of student workers.
- Possess a valid driver's license and a willingness to travel.